Saturday, July 3, 2010

amenorrhea caused by stress...

Okay. That's it. Stress and lots of stress. That's the culprit. It looks like I'm going to have to deal with amenorrhea every now and then. Unlike before where I got paranoid over the thought of a second pregnancy, this time I knew that I was not pregnant even if it has been two months since my last period. Work and pressing deadlines had been extremely challenging to the point that I'm losing hours of my sleep for the past two months that I am a hundred and one percent positive that my missed periods weren't indication of an impending pregnancy.

In fact, I even talked to a nurse friend last week that I was more worried of a menopause rather than the thought that I could be pregnant. Haha! We just laughed at my hypothetical thoughts because she and I both know that I'm still in my mid 30's. I must say though that it was hard to be intimate with hubby these past few months without pregnancy scare even though hubby and I were both responsible enough to have thought about "protected intimacy".

So, when I got the chance to finally overcome stress and think about taking a pause and get all the rest that I need, my monthly visit has finally returned!

No comments:

Post a Comment